How to Find the IP Address of a Website
This siberkalem teaches you how to find a website’s IP address. You can do this by using your computer’s built-in “traceroute” functionality, or by downloading and using a free traceroute app on your iPhone or Android.
1.Open start Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Start the command prompt summer. This will search for the Command Prompt application on your computer.
3. click to Command Prompt . It should be at the top of the Start window. Command Prompt opens.
4.Enter the “Traceroute” command for your website. tracerttype, leave a space, and then enter the website address (without the “www”).
- For example, tracert google.comyou type in Command Prompt to search for Google’s IP address .
- Make sure you get the correct extension for the website (like “.com” and “.net”).
- tracert There must be a space between the command and the website name.
5.↵ Enter Press . So the command works.
6. Make a note of the website address. Next to the “Tracing route to [website]” line that appears, you’ll see an address in parentheses; this is the IP address of the website.
- For example, if you used Google as your website, it would say “Tracing route to Google.com [18.104.22.168]” (tracking google.com’s path [22.214.171.124]).