I get the following error on startup on an older model DELL laptop:
The AC power adapter type cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge. Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher for best system operation
What is the solution for The AC power adapter type cannot be determined error on Dell notebooks?
The AC power adapter type cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge. Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher for best system operation hatasının çözümü:
This error is a type of error encountered especially in Dell laptops. The error generally occurs when the battery is not charging. There are several reasons for the error.
- Non-contact, not fully seated charger
- Damaged charger or socket on laptop
- End-of-life battery
- Manufacturing defect appearing on some Dell models
You can try the following to fix the error:
- The charger may not be fully seated in the charging socket of the computer. Reattach it with a little more pressure.
- If you’re technical, remove and reinsert the BIOS battery.
- Remove and reinsert the battery.
- Turn off the charging adapter warnings in the BIOS. Enter the BIOS. Under the Advanced Adapter Warnings setting Disable structure. Of course this will just remove the warning. If the laptop is not charging, this will not eliminate the problem.
Apart from this, if the product is a new laptop, it is useful to take it to the authorized service. If you are using an old model and directly connected to electricity, it will be enough to turn off the warnings via the BIOS as I explained above.
The AC power adapter type cannot be determined error is encountered by users especially on some old model Dell and HP computers.