What is WordPress?
Matt Mullenweg , in his 20s, had an idea in 2001, and in 2003 he launched the project called WordPress. The first purpose of installing WordPress; allowing authors to easily share the content they produce with their readers on their own sites. In other words, anyone who wants can easily have a website without knowing code and mod, and can share their articles with readers in minutes!
If you search for WordPress, you will always come across statements like open source . WordPress.org is an open source structure, so if you, me, Ahmet Abi or Hülya understands software, they can help the development of this system. In other words, the system can grow rapidly without the patronage of anyone. With a simpler explanation; No one can say that one day we shut down WordPress bro.
- WordPress.org is a free platform. (You have to pay for domain and hosting)
- You can create and publish a site with WordPress in about 5 minutes.
- If you are not very experienced with WordPress, the site you will open will be very simple. The more you fiddle with, the more you can create great websites. Without knowing the code!
- You can write code inside WordPress and change the structure completely according to your wishes.
- There are paid and free options of themes that will create the image of your WordPress site. If you do not want to spend money on this business, you can continue with your life with a little simple theme.
Top FAQs About WordPress
1 – What is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
For WordPress.org you need to get domain name and hosting service, but for wordpress.com it is your choice whether or not to get these services.
If you continue with wordpress.org, your site’s name will be: seosozluk.com, while if you continue with wordpress.com, your site’s name will be: seosozluk.worpress.com.
What you can do on wordres.com is very limited, there is always an obstacle in front of you. On wordpress.org, what you can do is limitless.
2 – paid theme or free theme?
Paid themes have very important advantages over free themes. The best wordpress themes , which can be personalized much better , will also satisfy your visitors visually.
3 – Is there no need for SEO work with wordpress?
WordPress will facilitate your WordPress SEO work and help you make basic SEO arrangements.
(Note: WordPress can even make SEO work difficult on some issues.)
So if you think you’re going to get away with SEO work just because you installed WordPress, you’re wrong!
4 – What is a child theme?
I would like to explain to you what a child theme means with a simple example. It is always better understood by example.
Let’s say; You set up your WordPress site and while you were researching on the internet about a problem you were experiencing, following the instructions of an expert WordPress expert, you found yourself in a file written by code. You added the code that the friend said to this file and it really worked. You have no idea what you are doing but suddenly your problem is solved
So where is the child theme in this thread?
Let’s say that 5 months after making this change, the theme you installed has been updated. As soon as you update your theme, the code you wrote 5 months ago is gone! You will probably be very angry when the trouble you experienced that day comes back to you.
Child theme ensures that the changes you make on your WordPress theme are not lost with theme updates.
Child theme setup is baby toy
5 – sudden errors
While using WordPress, you may suddenly find yourself in the middle of a ridiculous problem. Your page may suddenly throw a database error, 500 status code, or whatever.
In such a case, you can probably fix the problem by trying the following steps one by one:
- Stop all your plugins and start activating your plugins one by one. One of your plugins may have messed up your site.
- Temporarily change your theme to another theme. The source of the problem may also be the theme.
- There is a file called .htaccess. You can access this file from FTP. First save the .htaccess somewhere, delete the contents of this file and try to open your site. If it still won’t open, put back the file you saved.
- Under the Settings tab in the WordPress panel, there is a place called permalinks. Change your URL format written in this field and get it back to its original state.
If the problem still persists after you have written what I mentioned above, you may be in big trouble.
6 – where to add google analytics code in wordpress
There are 2 ways to add the Google Analytics code to your WordPress site:
- Download Google analytics plugin and enter the number you got from Google Analytics in this plugin (UA-1020000-0 is such a number)
- In the header.php file, just above the </head> tag, put all the code you got from Google Analytics.
I suggest you the second method because installing too many plugins on your site will hurt your site’s performance.
7 – Is ecommerce done through wordpress?
It can be done, but I don’t prefer it. WordPress is a beautiful, but rather cumbersome structure. So when you say I will do e-commerce, you can tighten the system a lot. You have to be very careful when choosing a WordPress ecommerce theme .
It is also known to everyone that WordPress has some security problems. Since the security of the site is in your hands, simple mistakes can cause serious problems.